Fall Convention Logo 2020
Associated Collegiate Press and College Media Association’s Fall National College Media Convention is scheduled Oct. 21-25 in Atlanta. We are continuing to monitor COVID-19 and its impact on events and travel. We know that the event will look a lot different this year, no matter what. Our commitment is to deliver valuable educational content this fall. 

As of now, we have not canceled the in-person component of the event, but we are reimagining the convention as a hybrid event (including both onsite and virtual programming). If there is a travel or large gathering ban instituted in Georgia, we plan to shift entirely to virtual programming. 

Regardless, some content will be available to those who can’t travel to Atlanta, and if we can proceed with the in-person event safely, we will host it. If we cannot host the event in Atlanta, we will shift to virtual only.

The convention programming coordinator will be Rhys Finch, assistant director of student media at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. 

Submit Sessions

As we plan the program, Rhys invites you to contribute session ideas. We are accepting session suggestions at this linkThe deadline to submit sessions is July 31. On the session form, you can select whether you would want to present the session in person (if possible) or virtually. We are excited that the virtual component will allow new voices who couldn’t travel before to contribute.

Tell Us Your Plans

We know many of our members are facing budget freezes, travel bans and overall reluctance to travel. We would appreciate it if you would complete this brief survey about your own situation to help us with our planning.

We thank you for your continued patience as we navigate COVID-19 while working to protect our members and still deliver quality content to student media. You can expect more direct communication and the program to launch as the summer progresses.