College Media Association produces two National College Media Conventions a year:
• a fall event co-sponsored with the Associated Collegiate Press
• a spring event in New York City
Fall National College Media Convention 2020 (Oct. 21-25) offered in conjunction with Associated Collegiate Press, Atlanta, GA, Atlanta Hyatt Regency
Spring National College Media Convention 2021 (March 9-14), New York City, New York Marriott Marquis
Fall National College Media Convention 2021 (Oct. 14-17) offered in conjunction with Associated Collegiate Press, New Orleans, LA, Sheraton New Orleans
Fall National College Media Convention 2022 (Oct. 26-30) offered in conjunction with Associated Collegiate Press, Washington D.C., Grand Hyatt Washington
The College Media Association Board of Directors works with the headquarters team and other partners to identify, vet and select the venues for conventions. The Board considers these key criteria:
• Space. The venues need to accommodate the numerous breakout rooms for meetings and sleeping rooms for our guests.
• Cost. The hotels or convention centers present proposals which include sleeping room rates, food and beverage minimums and rates for AV use. We aim to keep costs low for the association and for our attendees.
• Location. CMA considers cities that are easy and cost-effective to visit, both for attendees that drive and fly.
• Appeal of city. CMA relies on media professionals to speak at events, so the Board looks for cities with speakers from the local media. We also want attendees to enjoy their visit, so we consider the appeal of the city, including other tourist attractions.