Higher Education Workshop • Feb. 13-14, 2015 • Nashville, Tenn.
Join College Media Association and Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE) for a workshop designed to help improve your overall reporting skills and your ability to find stories on your campus. This training will offer several core sessions that will improve your ability to find information quickly and point you to key documents and data that will help you add depth to daily stories and produce quick-hit enterprise stories.
You'll learn how to:
* Use the Internet as an investigative reporting tool
* Prepare for tough interviews and come away with the information you need
* Analyze your school's performance to see how it measures up
* Examine athletic programs -- and their funding
* Use open records laws and other tools to pry information from foundations and other secretive campus institutions
We'll also offer hands-on training in data analysis for a limited number of participants.