This past July, CMA launched its virtual Adviser Certification Training Program. This course typically occurs during onsite conventions to provide new and veteran advisers a chance to sharpen their skills and share their acquired wisdom. 

CMA continues to look for ways to bring value to its members. In an effort to do so, we are allowing our membership free access to two of the electives that were available during the course of the training.

Interested in participating in the next course? Our second round of Adviser Certification Training will take place from Jan 4. - Jan. 15, 2021. 

Please note: These courses are accessible to CMA members only. You will need to be logged in to view the videos. 

Have an idea for future courses? Please email info@collegemedia.org with your suggestions.

Newsroom Safety in the Age of COVID-19: Have you found yourself back on campus and are still wondering what your student media spaces should look like in this COVID-19 new academic year? Steve Chappell, treasurer for CMA and resident tech guru, has got you covered. Check out this video, a free resource offered to current CMA members, to learn more and the dos and don’ts for student media advising in a pandemic. 

Law 101 for Advisers: Whether you’re new to advising or a veteran, you’ve probably found yourself in some situations wondering what the right legal or ethical answer is. Frank LoMonte, former executive director of the Student Press Law Center (SPLC), shares his years and years of experience in everything related to media law, in this highly educational video. Check out this video, a free resource offered to current CMA members, to learn more about media law and ethics related to your student media advising role.